O'Maras is an Australian owned and operated full service valuation & auction house. Founded by Managing Director, Tim O'Mara, O'Maras Valuers & Auctioneers commenced business in 1996.
The business has grown to become an industry leader in asset management, valuation services, WH&S reporting and asset sales.
Founder | Managing Director
Tim has been involved in valuations & asset realisation in Australia for over 40 years. He is a valuer/appraiser of personal property predominantly business to business assets e.g. plant & equipment, power generation, green energy, mining, transport, earthmoving equipment, aircraft, helicopters, boats, commercial marine, manufacturing plants, medical equipment and infrastructure, etc. This vast experience and broad industry network have seen Tim present as an industry expert at several conferences addressing important issues regarding the future of the industry and impact of new foreign equipment on secondary markets including:
- Australian Professional Advisors Conference
- Worrells NSW State Conference
- Leasing & Equipment Finance Conference (AELA)
- Australian Insolvency Forum
Tim has an extensive experience in preparing valuations for court purposes including expert witness statements and expert witness conclaves in NSW Supreme & District Courts, VIC Supreme Court and Family Court of Australia.
O’Maras key services are:
- Valuation services
- Auction services – timed online & live webcast
- Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) reports
- Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) hazard identification
- Tenders & Expressions of Interest
- Remarketing Strategy development & implementation
- Brokerage Sales
We can also organize the following services upon request:
- Cartage & logistical services
- Inspection services
Who uses O’Mara’s services?
The majority of clients are in the Banking, Insolvency and Finance areas.
O’Maras has significant merger and acquisition experience with involvement in over 70 projects, involving valuing assets throughout Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, Central Africa and America on both a local and international market comparison.
The O’Maras approach:
O’Maras offers a full-service consultancy. We bring the experience and systems to deal with large scale matters but also the hands on nature to individually meet the specific needs of each client.
We provide a unique approach to our client’s valuation and asset disposal solutions in that we assign a highly skilled specialist to each matter with asset expertise throughout a wide range of industries.
O’Maras has diverse product knowledge with areas of expertise including but not limited to:
- Mining - Above & below ground, ore processing, refining, reclamation, test drilling & tenements
- Earthmoving - Civil works, recycling, mining
- Energy - Solar PV&CSP, Wind, Tidal, Biomass, Coal, Gas, CSG & Hydro
- Food & Beverage - Confectionary and chocolate manufacturing, food production and food processing lines, bakeries, breweries, bottling line
- Catering & Hospitality - Furniture and kitchen equipment from restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars and other hospitality venues
- Medical & Pharmaceutical - Laboratory equipment, operating theatres, pathology and radiology equipment
- Infrastructure - Road making plant and equipment, power stations
- Clothing & Textiles - Dye house and knitting mills, garment makers and distributors, fabric printing
- Transportation & Automotive - Prime movers, rig trucks and trailers, fixed wing aircraft and helicopters, aerospace engineering, Dredges, RO-RO, cargo, cable layers, tankers, tugs, ferries
- Rail - Locomotives, rolling stock, networks
- Hire equipment fleets - Values, life cycles, acquisition integration, disposals
- Manufacturing - Woodworking and joinery equipment, forklift and warehousing equipment, rubber and plastic injection moulding, circuit board manufacturing, steel fabrication
- Construction & Engineering - Earth moving equipment, construction and civil engineering equipment,cranes, engineering plant and machinery
- Business & Telecommunications – Retail stock, Shop fit outs, computers and office technology
In 2017, O’Maras announced a partnership with GraysOnline, the largest B2B online auction marketplace in Australasia for used plant and equipment, leveraging the GraysOnline online auctions platform to support O’Maras auction sales. In partnering with GraysOnline, O’Maras provides a full range of valuation and project management functions for a range of clients including major corporations, insolvency practitioners, financiers and banks.